Boca P.F. Chang’s corrected health violations, reopened within 24 hours

A P.F. Chang's China Bistro storefront in Palm Beach County. (Palm Beach Post file photo)

A P.F. Chang’s China Bistro storefront in Palm Beach County. (Palm Beach Post file photo)

BOCA RATON — A P.F. Chang’s China Bistro made changes after a health inspection found multiple violations — including 35 live roaches found throughout the kitchen — and reopened within 24 hours of being forced to close.

According to a spokesperson for the company, P.F. Chang’s hired an independent health inspector to check out the restaurant and correct any violations before it reopened.

The restaurant, at the University Commons plaza at 1400 Glades Road, was ordered closed after an inspection on Jan. 31, according to the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation.

» RELATED: How do you figure out a restaurant’s health inspection score? Read here

According to the health inspection, 35 roaches were spotted underneath the stove, sink and food preparation table, among other areas of the kitchen. The health inspection also found that an employee did not wash his or her hands before preparing food and touching utensils.

The inspection reads: “Employee touched bare body part and then engaged in food preparation …” without additional detail.

Here’s the full response from P.F. Chang’s:

“P.F. Chang’s has strict food safety protocols and strives to exceed local health inspection standards in every single restaurant we operate. Our Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety worked closely with our Boca Raton operating partner to initiate specific corrective actions as soon as we were made aware of the violations. We also hired an independent health and safety inspector to assist our team in addressing all issues. Proper corrective actions were taken immediately, and we were able to reopen the restaurant less than 24 hours later with the approval of the Boca Raton Department of Health. Our operating partner is redoubling efforts to ensure that our strict food safety guidelines are well understood and adhered to by all staff going forward.”