As Hurricane Matthew makes its way to Florida, here’s what Delray Beach residents need to know.
Projected wind speeds, which the National Weather Service is updating every hour:
- Noon: sustained 30 mph, gusts to 41 mph
- 9 p.m.: sustained 57 mph, gusts to 75
- Midnight: sustained 62 mph, gusts to 80 mph
- 1 a.m. Friday: sustained 59 mph, gusts to 97 mph
- 6 a.m.: sustained 39 mph, gusts to 97 mph
- Noon: 30 mph, gusts to 41 mph
- 5 p.m.: 21 mph, gusts to 29 mph
Need last-minute supplies? All Publix stores east of Interstate 95 are open until noon. All stores west of I-95 are open until 2 p.m.
Where to seek shelter, if needed: Atlantic High School, at 2455 W Atlantic Ave., has room. Residents planning to come in are asked to bring sleeping items such as blankets and pillows, and mattresses, if possible.
Hospitals: The emergency room at Delray Medical Center is open.
Concerned about evacuation zones? Visit Palm Beach County’s evacuation zone map.
For hurricane updates: The Palm Beach Post has reporters, editors and photographers working all day and night covering the storm. Follow weather reporter Kimberly Miller’s blog for the latest on the hurricane. Follow Lulu Ramadan on Facebook and Twitter.